starting the vertical stabilizer
Today I started working on the vertical stabilizer. Right off the bat you have to do some minor fabrication. The spar caps have to be trimmed as specified. No big deal though.
While I was doing inventory on the kit I noticed a couple missing parts. One was for the horizontal stabilizer, so not required immediately, but the other was the lower rudder hinge brackets that are needed right away. Bummer, called up Vans and they sent them out right away. In the mean time I did a test fit of the skeleton. Everything went together just fine. I will have to flute the rib flanges a little to straighten them out.
It’s good to finally get started.