Spent most of this session dimpling and deburring all the elevator skins, ribs, etc. This takes a while. I need to get that dimple table top built before I order the wing kit. Should make things a lot easier with one person at the controls.
My order came in from Aircraft Spruce and I was able to get Torque Seal put on the nuts of the Horizontal Stabilizer. This stuff goes across the nut and onto the threads. It dries hard and if the nuts start to un-torque you can easily tell because the halves will come apart.
Have all the completed pieces stored away upstairs in the guest bedroom. I eventually plan on getting a storage spot at the local Self Storage down the street. I’ll probably do that when I finish the tailcone. Not sure if I’m going to do a test fit of all the tail feathers before then or not. We’ll see if there is enough room.
Made a little jig that makes it a lot easier to countersink the pieces of trailing edge extruded aluminum. In a past post I mentioned issues that I had. With this, there is no issue. It comes out great on both sides. There is a scrap piece of trailing edge in there that offsets the working piece the 10 degrees so it is flat. Got the idea from Andrew and it only took a few minutes to make. I just clamp this little bugger on the drillpress table and we’re off.