rv10.stephensville.com

Flying a Vans RV-10.

Rudder Test Fit

Today I took a personal day off work and was able to get the rudder skeleton done and get everything put together. Of course I jinxed myself on the previous post and messed up a rudder strike plate. I forgot to check my micro-stop countersink depth before I dug in. Yup, way too deep. Oh well, called Vans and ordered the part which was a whopping $3.50. I doubted I was going to make it through the entire kit without a re-order anyways. Anyhow, continued on as the strike plates aren’t needed again until final riveting. You can see every hole clecoed in the trailing edge to keep it straight while match drilling.

Also, today I stopped by Andrew’s place to look at his project and give him a hand riveting his tailcone. He is back-riveting the skins on the tailcone instead of bucking them. It takes a bit more time, but it really looks great. He is only a couple miles away from my place and is a few sub-kits ahead of me, which is better for me than him. HeHe.